Sandy Plains Info
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Sandy Plains on sundays...
- Worship is from 10:30-11:35 am. Come as you are. We are about God's grace. You belong here. This is a fun place to get serious about God.
- We have available Small Groups from 9:30-10:20 am on Sundays. There are a few options Wednesdays 6:45 pm as well for Small Groups. These groups for for Christian fellowship, real life studies that apply God's truth, and prayer requests. You may also need info on: Kid's & Student's Ministry at Sandy Plains.
Where is Sp located?
Sandy Plains gathers at 5323 Union Rd., Gastonia. This is in Southeast Gastonia, easily accessible to several cities, including easy access to Clover, Lake Wylie, Cramerton, Belmont.
We meet for Worship and special events in the large Family Life Center on campus. The church family outgrew the older chapel. We are about to build a new worship center soon, the results of years of hard work quickly coming to fruition. A Google Map is also below for location/directions.
What is worship like?
You can expect messages that challenge us to live for Jesus in real life. We believe the Bible points to Jesus throughout. We are intentionally authentic and also strive to always be Bible-based in messages that are preached by our Lead Pastor, or associate Pastor, or guests.
The worship style is contemporary Christian music with several hymns also in the worship set. It is a good mix of the best of both styles in the worship world.
Who might I meet?
This is a group that you can connect to easily. It is people from all kinds of careers, life situations, and nearby cities. You definitely are able to build solid friendships in the faith @ Sandy Plains.
What are other highlights of sp?
-Upward Sports (Basketball & Cheer). Various days.
-Awana Kid's Club (all ages) - learn about Jesus. Wed. 6:30 pm.
-Prayer & Worship Service, Sundays 6-7 pm in the old Chapel.
-Serving Opportunities. There are many options available.
-Student Ministry. Each week there are several Student gatherings available.
-Missions. When you're ready, we do local service ministries, regional missions, and international missions. We also give very generously towards those in addition at certain times of the year.
Sandy Plains Church exists to...
Honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, 19:10)
Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40)
Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Worship: heartfelt, songs you know done with excellence, powerful
- Small Groups/Sunday School for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
worship service questions...
What should I dress like for service? Our main goal is honor God with the worship service. There are various styles of dress, from one end of the spectrum to the other. Come as you are.
What is the Children's Ministry like? There is a very well run and gospel-centered kids ministry. Info is found here.
What are Prayer opportunities? We believe strongly in the power of God's people praying, and have several avenues for this.
What about being trained, equipped in my faith? So we have many ways to do this. Real life can be tough, we do not pretend anyone is perfect here, and equipping you for practical help is an intentional goal we have, for dating, marriage, parenting, prayer, Bible study, service, encouragement and many areas you may want to serve in.
We look forward to seeing you Sunday morning to start off, at 10:30 am in the Family Life Center at Sandy Plains!