Sandy Plains Info
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Sandy Plains on sundays...
- Worship is from 10:30-11:35 am. Come as you are. We are about God's grace. You belong here.
We meet at 5323 Union Rd., Gastonia, in the large Family Life Center. We outgrew the older chapel and expect to build a new sanctuary soon. A Google Map is also below for location.
You can expect messages that challenge us to live for Jesus in real life. We are intentionally authentic and also strive to always be Bible-based.
The worship style is contemporary Christian music with a few hymns also.
This is a group that you can connect to easily. You definitely are able to build solid friendships in the faith @ Sandy Plains.
-Upward Sports (Basketball & Cheer).
-Awana Kid's Club (kids of all ages learn about Jesus, Wed's)
-Evening Prayer & Worship Service, from 6-7 pm in Chapel.
-Men's & Women's Ministry gatherings and events.
-Serving Opportunities. There are many options available.
-Missions. When you're ready, we do local service ministries, regional missions and international missions. We also give very generously towards those in addition at certain times of the year.
Sandy Plains Church exists to...
Honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, 19:10)
Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40)
Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Worship: heartfelt, songs you know done with excellence, powerful
- Small Groups/Sunday School for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
worship service questions...
What style is the service? We are a solid mix of contemporary and hymns. In recent years, these have a lot in common due to the work of some talented Christian artists. Our main goal is honor God with the worship music.
What is the Children's Ministry like? There is a very well run and gospel-centered kids ministry. Info is found here.
What are Prayer opportunities? We believe strongly in the power of God's people praying. So we offer prayer gatherings on Wednesdays at 7 pm and Sundays at 9 am.
What about being trained, equipped in my faith? So we have many ways to do this. Real life can be tough, we do not pretend anyone is perfect here, and equipping you for practical help is an intentional goal we have, for dating, marriage, parenting, prayer, Bible study, service, encouragement and many areas you may want to serve in.
We look forward to seeing you Sunday morning to start off, at 10:30 am in the Family Life Center at Sandy Plains!